The build thread of Awsten

They are very common here. I am surprised many more people don’t get bitten.

1 Like

Because most of us non city folk know to give our boots a shake and not to grab anything we can’t see :rofl:

3 Likes

yep, they are pretty much the same spider but no where near as deadly as a Funnel Web

2 Likes

Spiders are usually only aggressive when confronted. I don’t know if Funnel Webs go out of their way, in order to chase people about or not. I’ve heard of a species of Australian spider of which posesses unusually long fangs. It probably is the Funnel:

Here’s one taking a, typical for all spiders, defensive stance:

How to properly care for yours:

2 Likes

Nothing new really going on with Awesten yet though I did install a hood emblem for epic street cred

6 Likes

those little emblems are pretty cool

So today we learnt the hard way that aweston no longer alerts that the lights are left on when you open the door, previously it beeped.

Does anyone know if this could be fuse related or what to take a look at? The roof light still functions as expected so the door switch is functional.

1 Like

Hmmm havent had that issue as yet. I’m of no help sorry mate :frowning:

some dai’s have a buzzer relay type thing in the fuse panel up under the dash drivers side, maybe start there and see if one of the relays has a few little holes for a tiny speaker beeper thing?

3 Likes

I think it must be jinxed lol Mine stopped working last night hahahahaha!

Haha oh shit

Mine started working again last night :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

ok I will test mine when yours stops again to see if mine starts hahahaaha!

1 Like

A healthy person should have no issues, it is mainly the frail, weak or vulnerable (allergic). I was bitten and raced to hospital and they said sit n the corner for the next 4-8 hours. I said fuck that “I’ll go home and call an ambulance if things become a problem”…

Old or weak will die from a redback but a healthy person will have aches and pains for 8hours…

2 Likes

Hi All

Been a while since I posted.
Car has been running well and not much futher has been done other then installing an antenna that @Mr_Gormsby helped me with, thanks again :slight_smile:

Now my daughter has stopped driving this car pretty much in favour of the pathfinder (auto) and think she plans on learning a manual car in the future (in ACT, you can convert to a manual Provisional licence after 12 months)

My wife has been driving the car and we are now considering some tinkering :wink:

I know that turbo Yoda managed to fit the K3-VET into a L251, I am considering a K3-VE2 Conversion, does anyone know what is involved? I recall when talking to Marty he mentioned it required a different gearbox mount maybe or a modified one or something, if anyone has clear details on this conversion I would be interested, e.g. LCA’s, Drive Shafts, Hubs? Ideally I would like the same setup as my K3uore was with K3 Engine and box, Sirion Hubs, L700 Shafts, LCA’s and Suspension.

Alternative options? EF-DET?

Anyways, Happy New Years.

3 Likes

Just from what I’ve seen, the gearbox mount would prob need to be fabricated and the rear engine mount at very least modified. No idea about the other stuff, but if you could get a GTVi steering rack in there, I think it would be quicker lock to lock. I think it would be an awesome swap. I have thought about it myself.

1 Like

If I remember correctly. Turbo Yoda also mentioned that the timing cover needs to be changed since the K3 one won’t fit.

2 Likes

James lee saxyoung now owns the car. He is in the facebook group but i highly doubt he will know what is what. I would probably suggest that you get a gear set from compact motorsport too if that set up is anything to go by you may be going through the gearbox’s
An efdet will fit right in but it is 47kw compared to the ejde which is 40kw from memory. You could get a turbo kit for an efdet and put it on the ejde and use an aftermarket ecu or get an efdet one if you wnt that route.

3 Likes

Time for a major service…
Or engine conversion :thinking:

4 Likes

Been a while since I updated, today I got the car back with a new exhaust

It’s a bit droning but that will be solved once the new engine is fitted.

I am now looking at what I can do with the suspension, thoughts?

3 Likes

If your just looking for lower with suspension and stock comfort I would suggest L700 front shocks as they are not as tall as the L251 stock ones. (the spring seat is much lower.
I actually have a set of sirion ones to go in but have been completely lazy and not done it. for the rears’s I have some L200 ones I was going to drop in and use excel shocks but again never done it. Mine is stock on the rear and it hits bump stops with any load in the back.
Or go way of the coil over