The famous meme and picture thread!

I think I should have created a thread for race car images. Might have posted this one before,

But not this (Perodua)

24hr racing a Perodua (Dai)

3 Likes

This goes back to 2016. And for those that don’t know Perodua are Daihatsu in Malaysia. Nabil Jeffri’s Perodua sponsored Formula Two

2 Likes

3 Likes

Daihatsu Bee

6 Likes

Wow, wonder how many of the 300 made are still around today…

1 Like

The only things that the Midget and Piaggio might have in common are the lightbulbs and tire sizes. Otherwise, there was never any joint cooperation between both.
The Ape with the Honda engine has ubdergone a common conversion. Some even use Ducati engines.
Unfortunately for me, the one I drive is of a standard version :weary:

5 Likes

Sweet. Best wheelbarrow this side of something with tracks. Love it.

1 Like

Something to work up too

4 Likes

I love it man that is awesome.

1 Like

5tiu9x

5tiuxq

6 Likes

Rocky e-smart. Note the time line of Dai electric(ish) vehicles. For city full electric should be a good thing. Personally I am not a believer in battery cars. Electric is great if the generator is on board (trains, ships and heavy earthmoving have been doing this for decades). Batteries though have low energy density. They take a lot of space and are heavy things to lug around. That’s not to mention having to charge them, reliability, recycling and that e vehicles are for an old far like me “dull”. Back to the Rocky, what was once a good little off roader is pretty much now a city car in its E guise. But it’s not “battery only” but hybrid, and that has to be a pretty good thing.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Rocky reboot rendering, maybe a goer, and maybe not?

4 Likes

On the fence here :man_shrugging:t2:

The original looks better. But bringing back a proper small 4x4 (possibly aimed at Suzuki having the small Australasia segment mostly to itself) is the good part.

1 Like

Can’t argue with that logic, definitely prefer the look of the original :ok_hand:

Indonesia motorshow

4 Likes

[quote=“Mr_Gormsby, post:255, topic:54”] Rocky reboot rendering, maybe a goer, and maybe not?..[/quote] For a modern design, I like it better than all other rounded utility vehicle designs of which pretty much look all nearly identical. My guess is that the new Rocky would sell well, here in Europe, if Britain would finish their free trade with Japan negotiations following Brexit and/or if Toyota would market the Daihatsu brand along side of Toyota, in their showrooms

1 Like

If you are an Australia based SEQ L2D member and want to do some safe cheap motorsport then come try a motokhana inside the Willowbank Dragstrip precint.

Here are some examples of the tests for the day

Heaps of fun. You will greatly improve your car control skills. Family-friendly and we have kids as young as 12 compete. Here are the tests for the day.

Entry details

In car of myself last year

And the late great Terry

October 1st and 2nd the Australian National Championship are up here at Willowbank. This is a form of motorsport that really suits small FWD cars. Here’s your chance to have a crack at testing your car and skills.

4 Likes

With fuel cost increasing (and my own belief that the totalitarian use of EVs is doomed to failure, based for one on the requisite charging infrastructure, the cost thereof and access to charging being impractical in many instances (time to charge, only having off-street parking - not interested in arguing this, I think blended use of EV, ICE and hybrid could work in my country) can it be that there could be a need or market interest for small cars in manufactures ranges?

The bottom end of the market now is MG (Chinese junk pretending to have British heritage - I had a new MG3 rental for four weeks, low quality, damn awful to drive, gutless, poor vibration and harmonics), but they are not exactly small or “micro”.

I have to wonder if Toyota might just end up bringing Daihatsu back into Australia? The new Sirion would be infinitely better than an MG and if they can get past ADR kei cars again. Toyota has abandoned the bottom of the market and now that they wholly own Daihatsu they need to return the brand after a nearly 25yr absence to give us some quality lower-cost options.

6 Likes