The not so green cuore (l700)

Hi everyone,

After a few days enjoying the cuore ive thought over some plans for dexter the cuore.
I plan to keep the car road worthy though, as it is my daily car and need it for my daily commute during the summer. So no big changes will happen during the summer.
But the plans for the summer are,

• help the car get over his fear of heights by lowering it with lowered springs(30mm).
  • fix small dents.
  • fix all easy to find rust.
  • get it alligned.
  • find a small subtle spoiler.
    -adding window deflectors

I hope some of these mods will improve the handling of the car a bit more. I have to say some parts are really hard to get here in the Netherlands sadly.

Dexter currently looks like this:

It has stock parking sensors (not very usefull though).
Central locking.
And no power steering.

In the winter im planning to fix some of the bigger problems like the paint. And some bad rust spots in the wheel wells and rear arches. I dont need the car in the winter so i can store it for a bit longer in the garage.

Bad spot, previous owner “fixed” it with hamerite green :joy::

Other then fixing the rust and paint i also want to change:

• upgrade brakes.
  • put on some 14" inch rims with a bit wider tires than stock.
  • maintenance to the engine.
  • moar powar mods? (Brakes and wheels first)
  • research handling mods.

Im not sure what to do with the engine yet. It already has enough power in the first three gears. But feels lacking power in 4th and 5th gear though.
But for now handling and safety is the number one priority for me.
Also im afraid i have to do a lot of engine mods myself and considering buying a spare engine to expirement on first as i dont have a lot of in depth technical engine knowledge. I can bolt things down. And follow manuals pretty well though haha.

I would like some feedback on the mods im going to do such as the lowering. And how much does it increase handling with lowering springs and stock dampers? And what can i do to improve handling even more?

I keep you all posted on the progress :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Number one for handling is std rate front springs and double or even triple the rear rate. Koni front struts and rear shocks, even just the ordinary reds would be a good thing. Don’t go so low that the front control arms point towards the sky. Keep them so they go about level with a tiny bit of travel. One and half or even two degrees of negative camber. To add castor go through my build and see how to do it.

1 Like

Added the window deflectors yesterday, brand is climair. Must say great quality

Here is how they look

Also thanks mr gormsby for the useful tips :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Found a cheap front bumper of an older l700 going to experiment with these ones with some fiberglass.
In the meanwhile the car is getting some tiny bits of love. and with the winter approaching getting ready for some bigger tasks to do on the car like fixing up the rear wheel wells and arches. and replacing the front brakes for some M100 ones. Im afraid the car is going to have a complete respray. but i will do that after all body repair work is done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Soo im having some issues lately with the car. The biggest issue is that my fuel tank is getting a vacuum. (It makes a really loud sucking noise when opening the fuel cap) Anyone has a pointer in the right direction? Or encountered this problem aswel?

Both my cars do that. Have not considered it a problem.

Its also hard to put some gas in it haha, but the cuore stutters sometimes when the tank is around 1/4 full and i thought it could be the issue as my sparkplugs injectors etc are all clean.

My one makes the same also have not found it to be a issue.

used some higher quality fuel, and stuttering is gone :slight_smile:

also my car has apk/mot for a year again. had some rust near the rear springs though, but that’s all fixed by now.
planning to attack the whole underside with some fresh paint/undercoat soon to prevent it from rusting :slight_smile:

planning on a catch-can as well, anyone runs it on a dai ?

2 Likes

Small update… since my car passed the mot the mechanic pointed out i needed some new tires. So i thought why not get some new rims as well !

14 inch bbs rz, so if i decide to upgrade the brakes dont have to worry about it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice wheels!

1 Like

So after finding so much rust on the green cuore whilst trying to repair, i found another cuore from one of the L2D members on facebook, since is had quite some plans to fit on the cuore i decided to move on with a better base and a lot less rust :smile: It has some nice wheels, but still planning to put on the BBS wheels after the winter.

So as you can see it’s not green anymore :slight_smile:

9 Likes

winter is over and finally some time to mount the bbs wheels,

Opinions?

Ive also decided that its waaaaay to high… instead of ordering lowering springs i decided to go the extra mile and ordered bc racing coilovers :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

The wheels look awesome - what tyres are they on there?

If you are going to order some coilovers make sure to also consider replacing the rear rubber seats (upper and lower) - I got mine for ~$42AUD in under 2 weeks.

Opinions? Nice wheels but I am not much on the red centers. Perhaps 50mm lower. Just go low enough that you are never hitting the bump stops.

1 Like

The tires sizes are 155/50, they have a bit of stretch on the rim. Might look for some wider ones… they are nangkan ns-2

Do you happen to have a partnumber on those parts.(or website) Not everything is easy to get here in the netherlands.

Im looking for a 40-50 mm lowering we have a lot of speedbumps in the area :stuck_out_tongue:

The tyres look awesome but they look way to small for the rims?!?

yes they are stretched a bit, not something im really fond of, but not going to buy new tires already haha. also many thanks for the website :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice wheels! :star_struck: If the rims are 5 or 5.5Jx14 use 165/55R14 tires. If the rim is 6Jx14 then go to 175x60R14! Also if you want use those to lower your mad Cuore!