The not so green cuore (l700)

Yeah might look into other tires next year. I already ordered a bc coilover kit. Havent heard much good things about the zerone kit.

Also, what happened to the Green Cuore?

my father drives it now, too much rust to spend money on :slight_smile:

You don’t have photos of the rusted areas for us to see? If it has too much rust, it might be not suitable for driving at all. It might be dangerous!

It passed road inspection, its mostly cosmetic rust but its just not worth it for me to get i all welded and look nice again

Someone had previously showed me this website that will list the different part numbers in diagrams and can list suppliers for those parts;
https://partsfan.com/

You might have to become a member but ti just want’s an email. I used a “MIRA > L700V-FMRK (1998/10-2002/12)” in my vehicle look up to find the specific part numbers;
https://partsfan.com/daihatsu/jp/235e95847dd49f8780aec1d78c418354/7f65e13c68a3e3703ee078befb7cbaf3/2/4804/480410/4804033/

Be warned if you ever use it for the engine you will have to do a look up the Storia M100 (aka Sirion) to find the EJDE 989CC engine (if that is what is in your car).

1 Like

I wound my fronts up 100mm which has lowered the car from the stock but still given me some decent clearance. I accidentally tested this on Friday when I took the missus bushwalking and we ended up going down a 4WD track, made it 16KM and only tapped the front tow point once or twice, very slow going though.

2 Likes

So today i did the shortshifter install, been putting it of waaay to long(and waited for some parts). but man what a difference it is. shifting feels much “closer” and there is almost no play on the stick too. While is was there i also changed most plastic bushings and o-rings.
Sadly didn’t take any pictures of the install itself,
But here is the car on the makeshift carlifter :P. works like a charm. put some pieces of wood under the forks so they cant fall down… SAFETY THIRD :rofl:

Bc Coilovers are next on the planning, recieved the springseats today, hopefully the bc’s will be under the car this week :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, its done its finally a tad lower than stock. I am super pleased with how the BC coil-overs handle, i feel like the car has a nice stance with it without being too low. I might lower it a slight bit more though. but for now i am really happy with the results and looks, but most importantly the gained drive-ability. A bone stock cuore is fun, but a bone stock cuore with coil-overs is even better !!!.. next up: a sirion brake upgrade :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What a nice looking car, I love this colour, is it factory?

Yes it is, and thanks for the nice words :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, nice looking cuore :sunglasses:
Im interested about those bushings and orings you changed, which ones were they?

hey, thanks for the reply :), i changed all the plastic bushing that sit in the shifter and rods, one of the websites linked above have all of the available parts. i suggest replacing them all. also you need 2x of everything :slight_smile:

Tried looking on partsfan but its confusing, i will look at it some more when the time comes to remove the linkage and shifter from the car :sweat_smile:

https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/toyota/duet/1-hatchback-right-m100-m110-2001-r-2885/2/76?filter[transmission]=MT&filter[engine]=EJ-VE

Use those drawings and parts from that website. I ordered them there too. The toyota duet is the same as the sirion. Which shares parts. They are genuine dai parts… cheers

2 Likes

Hi there, not done much on the car latetly however last week the licenceplate light cover decided to break. So i got a new one and painted it in colour. Must say happy with the result and the colours match pretty well. Also replaced the licenceplate holders for ones without stickers. And got rid of the stickers on the trunklid too.

Also i got my hands on some sirion brakes and braided brake lines. The calipers are currently being re-done.

5 Likes

The sirion calipers are in thanks to one of the forum members here. Started rust protecting them and painted them red for the extra horsepower with heat resistant paint.

We also had a small minimeet a few days back… look at all these cute nuggets

9 Likes

hey guys,

im currently in the position to get hold on some EF-DET parts (basicly full intake and all other bits, ecu and turbo with manifold etc.)
ive read that this is as good as plug and play and they bolt right up to the EJ.
Are there any people here that have used the EF-DET ecu on the EJ ?
or any people at all running a stock (or modified) EF-DET setup on a EJ?
I am trying to gather as much information as i can before beginning to bolt the parts on. But info on this topic seems rather abdundant.
and i hope someone can atleast share their experience with doing a parts swap like this on a EJ.

cheers

2 Likes

I have no idea but have seen an efdet up close and they really look like an EJ with turbo stuff on them. I would honestly say that I don’t think you will have a problem fitting it all to an EJ.

yeah im not really worried about it not fitting :), as the previous owner who imported the EF-DET parts already did a test fit on a EJ engine. (sadly no test run :P)
ive seen some videos on youtube with EF turbo’s on a EJ but they only seem like “first time starting videos” (and filmed ages ago)
so can’t really get a good idea on how well they run on the EJ.
i will be trying to document as much info as i can here, so other people can follow along or avoid the whole “finacial mistake”

Also for the people wondering why going the 1.0 turbo route?
i always wanted a little more “oomph” in the cuore, i am not expecting to gain large numbers here, aiming more towards the 660cc EF-DET numbers stock. so around 64hpish and 95NM.
I can already hear a lot of people saying, why you just dont swap it for a k3Ve, K3ve2 or K3vet.
i am aware that this is the most obvious route to go. And probably the easiest and cheapest.
However the fact that these parts are such uncommon here in the Netherlands, made me tingle of joy when i found out the were for sale.
Ive always thought of going the K3 Route, but for me keeping the 3 Cylinder in the car became a goal after driving the cuore for a good while. as i totally fell in love with the sound and the characteristics of it.
And then there is still the obvious reason of keeping the original engine in and turbo charge it: The MOT-engineering office, as i dont want to have the car re-certified as a 4 cyl.

So as of yesterday evening i picked up all the EF-DET parts and will soon start cleaning them up and making sure they are in good working order. so the plans are as following ( in a kinda random order)

• cleaning all the parts, remove surface rust and coat all the bare metal parts like the exhaustheader)
  • Make sure the turbo itself is play and damage free.
  • install wideband AFR meter
  • Changing out the wastegate actuator to a adjustable one as i want to run it on low boost first and have a little more “control” over it
  • Figuring out the wiring loom
  • Doing a dyno run with the stock engine (so i can compare the before and after)
  • Install and run the turbo on a low boost, and look further from there, also doing a dyno run after the install.
  • after its proven it runs as stock (or not) change what can be changed or revert back to NA :stuck_out_tongue:

soon to be continued :slight_smile:

4 Likes