Zac's l200 (still tryimg to ej one)

image image image image

Out with the 5 speed leaky box in with a 4 speed item.
Cleaned the k frame and engine.
I am keen to change the brake booster and master cylinder

3 Likes

Hey guys wrecked a sirion and sold nearly all the goods i didnt want in a week. Kept the k frame gearbox brakes and all that jazz bur sold the engine. Took the rear hubs for m100 conversion. Thinking about doing the gearbox swap but the clutch cable, speedo and shift linkages look like they’ll need some adaption. Away from home (cairns) in NT getting some asbestos demolition work. Keen to return and wash some k frame action. Then get to modifying the cv and some of the other things that need to be done. Car is idling funny again. I have a suspition ots the brake booster leaking.

1 Like

Notes:

2 Likes

chasing a LHS inner sirion door handle and surround in chrome please for my l80. some clown snapped a lever, l200 EJ Car drives fine , slight backfire from the 50cc exhaust. there is a hunting idle after warming up and I think this is due to a vac leak in brake booster. I have ordered a used one from topless dale! get used to that name pal HEH HEH The radiator fans wont turn on when I had them wired to the ECU, they do work str8 to the batooter so time tosolder to a 12v acc on ignition so that I never forget to turn them on via a switch.
Starting to think about rebuilding the turbo internals so that there is no shaft play but thinking about purchasing a new ECu is wigging me out. I have 4 weeks left of free parking in a friends workshop as he is closing down his business. Have a 1L front drive line and suspension on a k frame from a sirion and I’m not sure where I am going to put this. maybe in the red ej car. I have a slow leak so i suspect one of the rims has a crack or damage.

1 Like

Looking into speeduino ecu. Anyone been playing with these?

1 Like

I have been looking at them for ages just havent done it.

the slow leak was coming from the beads being full of dirt and grit.
researched speeduino for the last week, going to purchase and install.
seems exactly what i have been searching for. making a noob post on their forum. the company is based in melbourne btw.
like 150$

1 Like

3 Likes

I think the fuel pump I have should be sufficient.
Not sure if xr6 intercooler is going to suit well.

learn about blow off valves and electronic boost soleniods and buy some, instal.
I think I will need 2.2 or 2.4L injector from a camry. I think I read theat they fit.
I think more modern and newer models with spray a more efficient and better performing mist.
Buy speeduino either assembled or assemble components and wire a loom.
buy air and coolent sensors.
purchase a compatible MAP sensor.
Run a basemap.
Consider a custom crankwheel and CAS for greater accuracy for boost tuning.

xr6 intercooler was what was on EfiMira’s L200. Sat behind a TRXX bumper that needed much cutting out.

1 Like

scored a used diesel tiny intercooler and a BOV.
Now I think I will be looking for some injectors and coilpacks to upgrade next.
not sure what is making my car idle funny, I will check to see there is a one way valve in my break booster line then check the break master for leaks. have a replacement here. then i might have to look to the intake piping for some vac leaks.
not to sure, about to have a search. always seems to be a vac leak on the plenumn somewhere.

1 Like

could be coolant pockets of air.
iac valve or dirty.

this needs to turn freely. TiTin of throttle cleaner and the deed is done

1 Like

new tyres up back to match the new fronts at 155/70/13
bled the rebuilt brakes. still waiting for speeduino to get stock to order.
45cm dildo shifter and an omp deep dish steering wheel.
have some little kids town carpet for the front cabin.
going for astro turf in the boot.
going to use an esky for the batery to boot conversion.
replaced the starter wire.

i need to fix up a washer jet to work, instal wiper inserts , wire a horn and check all the indicators and high beams work. then i think i will be ready for a rwc. i get my license in like 70 days.

2 Likes

Hello lads,
I have swapped sumps for one with an oil drain.
(on an EJ l200 this meant removing 2 engine mounts, crossmember and dropping the sway bar, removing throttle cable + lifting the engine up 3")
I have some bosh ev1 injector clips and some ecotec v6 commo injectors.
recently I have ordered a new intercooler, boost elbows and some silicon reducer joins + boost dial.
the new injectors are double the standard flow. i will set my FPR to 3 bar.

3 Likes

also the oil filter has been relocated using a kit supplied by johnno muir. the next thing I will have to do is set up a water feed for the turbo. i have heard that i need to get the water from a source that doesn’t intrude with the thermostat operation. (so I plan to use the heater unity hoses as the heater has been removed. )

4 Likes