DAIWRC G100 charade cb61

Hey team!

Not alot going on at the moment.

I did find myself brand new pair of Cibie 35 fog lights but. Old stock from the late 80s!

If i cant find any covers then i will be 3D printing them.

6 Likes

Getting back into it! I sat down and made abit of a hit list of jobs to be done.

Made a bracket for the fuel pressure reg and mounted to the body.

Pulled the intake manifold off to sandblast and repaint and also looked at the carby. I really didn’t want to pull the carby down as i was worried about the amount of brackets and linkages but ive got 2 more spare carbys to reference off so im just going to have to do it!

A mate was helping out with the fog light covers. He has played around with different settings and finally got a good end product. I will look at painting these to get a better finish.

6 Likes

So i did a thing… ive been wanting to get away from gauges and run a single din digital display. This was the best one i could find and it also matches the star wars dash so im pretty happy!

As it has 1 pressure and 2 temperatures i will run boost pressure, oil temp and water temp. The factory dash still has the low oil pressure display light so that will be fine!

Excited!

6 Likes

Just in time for Christmas! My gearbox rebuild is complete!
Built by Neat Gearboxes in Adelaide.

This was one of my factory n/a gearbox’s which i have put the GTti diff, phantom grip and the 4.7 gear ratio.

Neat have shot peen and micropolished the gears.

All parts supplied by Tim at Compact motorsport
Really excited to see how this performs!

9 Likes

Merry Christmas Dai fam.

I dropped the charade off to a mates workshop to bend up new brake lines in the engine bay and run the fuel lines.

Soaked up some sun before the trailer arrived

6 Likes

those sideskirts are almost identical to the zender’s that I had on my 1984 swift

1 Like

Its the era. Something we will never get back!

2 Likes

Got myself a cam! This has been built up and ground to suit mid to high range power on the cb60. Excited to see how this performs

8 Likes

Brake lines are all done thanks to my good mate Dan at Hardlines and hoses. One more thing ticked off the list and keeping the engine bay as clean as possible.

8 Likes

Got my very last batch of zinc coating finished. Carby is all back together and looking fresh!
While all the brackets and linkages were off, i ran over the housing with a pencil wire brush on a die grinder to get off years of build up.

6 Likes

Just rebuilding a mates CB, would be good to have a reference on the carby, would you have any documentation or material, other than another carby? Am I correct in saying there is no mixture screw? Love the detail down to the fasteners on this project!

1 Like

The CB manual has it all writen out on how to tune the carby. There is a fuel mixture screw at the very back of the carby. You need to screw all the way in then screw out 4 turns for a N/A and 7 1/2 turns for a turbo. This is really only for idle.

4 Likes

And the motor is in! Just sit back and admire how good its going to be.

Also cleaned up all of my lights, painted the plastic trims and fitted. Mocked up the grill just because i can. Damn its going to be so good!

5 Likes

I finally got the right brackets to suit the short bumper! Fitment test is good!

Couldn’t help myself to mock up a fog light too.

6 Likes

Roof lining is complete! Ive got the car back home now, started to install the dash, starwars cluster, gtti double din and afew other bits. Getting so keen to have it all together!

Im going to be working hard to try get this on the road. Sorry if i dont update as often. Ill be in the shed building!

9 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes