DAIWRC G100 charade cb61

Local small business. They have a really good name for themselves.

2 Likes

We have glass!

I followed the GTti page on Facebook and found info around using the Daewoo matiz window seal as the charade ones are near on impossible to source.

One small issue i came into was more cosmetic than anything but the gap between the window seal and door was quite large and your eye was drawn to the white in the gap. We decided to put a coat of black to it wasnt so noticeable.

Also fitted the rear window. Next will be installing the rest of the windows and having them tinted.

4 Likes

The Genuine partno. for the seal is 04562-87701.
You’d be surprised how much is still available, so it’s definitely worth a try.

1 Like

If i ever need a new window ill keep that in mind.

I went to the local paint supplies shop to match up some vinyl paint for the plastic trim panels as the roof lining is now a slightly different colour to factory. What a difference! I was a little unsure at first but im glad i have sprayed them.

Ive also fitted the rest of the windows. Got some nice stainless dome head bolts as the factory screws were abit average.

And the speedlines are on too! All rims balanced up nicely. I did have one rim that had a slight buckle that i had repaired.
Im still deciding if i want to lower the coilovers a little more. :thinking:

4 Likes

Power is on! Ive hooked up all the battery cables and turned the key to accessories. Currently going through and sorting out some minor issues.

5 Likes

fantastic. On another note you sure do know how to build anticipation haha.

1 Like

You wouldn’t believe how much i am hanging to drive this!

2 Likes

i think I would have just a little idea haha!

1 Like

Earlier in the week i received my fuel tank from being modified as i couldn’t find a 2 door fuel injected tank. I have had the ports in the 4 door location patched and relocated into the 2 door location.

New fuel pump installed to the hanger. On a previous post i had -6an fittings installed to the feed and return. Have made fuel lines with an inline filter.

Once i get some fuel into the tank, I will ensure there are no leaks coming from the relocation welding. Then remove again for touch of paint.

1 Like

If you have access to an air compressor you could do a pressure test as opposed to a leak test. Block off all entry / exit points and have one point with a nitto or similar fitting. Set the regulator to 5 psi, and spray with a handle held pray bottle with water / dish washing mix.
Its easier to wipe down and weld if necessary than if you leak test with petrol.

1 Like

I was planning on doing it this way but with the limited time i have due to work going out and findings blanking caps for the fill port i thought id just do it this way. It needed to go up to mock up the fuel lines anyway. Atleast if its filled it will flush out any debris left in the tank thats i couldnt flush out.