Hello from the United States, in the process of importing a 1992 Daihatsu Mira TR-XX

Okay, got everything disconnected and ready to pull the motor, but looking for a second lift attachment point on the left side of the motor, anyone have any tips for that?

There’s a tab up front on the right and a tab on the transmission, but I can’t find a decent one on the left/back of the motor.

I usually put a chain etc around the intake or alternator bracket

4 Likes

I seem to have lost the bolt on TOP of the rear motor mount, does anyone know the dimensions/thread size of it?

I can source a replacement, I think it’s a relatively short 14mm

Your factory part number for that bolt I believe is 90041-19723 if that helps.

91611-61020 might be another option.

*10-1.25PX20-20,*10-1.25PX20-20

Assuming this means it’s 10mm long and has a 1.25 threat pitch?

Found a random nut IN THE OIL PAN

Any ideas???

I would be first checking the oil pick up, then rods but it looks to small for rods. After that I would be checking anywhere I can see.

Evilhighway -

Thanks for getting back to me. Everything seems intact on the pickup and the bottom end, as well as the top end. Do these pistons have oil squirters?

It’s mystifying as it seems smaller than every bolt on this car I’ve touched so far.

I honestly can’t think of anywhere else it would have come from.

Random Japanese mechanic

“…whoooopsie…”

Clutch and flywheel out, flywheel refinished, alternator rebuilt, injectors being rebuilt.

World’s slowest clutch replacement steadily making progress.

Sooooo cleaned up and installed the new rear main…but screwed up and put it in dry. Have been freaking out since I think I should have oiled the ID of the seal, anyone else put these in dry? Should I pull it out and redo it?

2 Likes

not in these motors but i did when i rebuilt my EJ-DE, didn’t have a drama

1 Like

Not all of these have spigots on the gearbox input shaft. Yours does. Is there a bearing in the back of the crank? If not put one in. Common size and easy to install.

Gormsby -

In slightly confused, is it an oiling channel then?

I was wondering what this bearing was, are you talking about this one?

There was also a bearing on the block face itself just sitting in a cavity that I had no idea about, assuming that’s an oiling passage as well?

Appreciate the input on this!

From the outside, the back of the motor and with the flywheel attached look at the effective centre of the crank. I’ve led you astray a bit here, so my appologies. For example the bearing goes into the hole at the centre of the flywheel on a Subaru or Toyota (on older Nissans one puts a bronze bush into the end of the crank). The bearing supports the free end of the gearbox input shaft. I have not done a Dai for some time, but I think the bearing goes in the rear outside end of the crank.

That single ball bearing in the crank throw seen in your pic blocks an oil gallery as you figured.

I’ve gone in dry before…
Probably better off leaving it or spray some spray grease on it or something and hope you get some penetration of lubricant if you are really worried. I fear you would probably damage the seal by pulling it out. Unless you have another you can use.

Again forgive my ignorance, you’re saying there should be a ball bearing that goes here inside of the input shaft hole?

Nothing came out at all, so was there supposed to be one here all along?

I have never seen one in a mira before

1 Like

RIght place.location image wise. It will be a 6000 series bearing, something like a 6023rs. Measure the ID of the crank hole and OD of the spigot on the gearbox.