WA L500RS

i has a throttle body you can have, big possibility it’s for an auto though but i am not sure if they are different like the charade ones

3 Likes

Thanks mate, maybe the only difference is the extra bracket for the kick down cable?
What would you like for it?

1 Like

For EJ’s they’re the same.
Recently I put a L7 auto engine in a manual M1 and seemed like there’s no difference.

1 Like

Except for also finding fuel rail all the items are in one pile. Had hoped to have it all packed but only got as far as degreasing and then weighing the lot (Seems just shy of 20kg and noticed a burnt exhaust valve). Had some flooding and water coming under the house today from run off from the neighbours so all anticipated projects for the day cancelled. Then spent the day on the excavator in clay until the thing gummed up so badly the tracks wouldn’t turn and couldn’t pull it along with the bucket so three hours digging clay out of every nook, pressure cleaned as much as I could and drove it back into the shed on old carpet. Quite exhausted but at least the water is under control.

2 Likes

All good, no need to rush getting it together but what a mission of a day mate. Glad to hear you got it under control.

1 Like

pm me your address and i’ll send it as soon as i can :smiley:

1 Like

PM’d Mokeman, unsure if it went through or not?

yep, replied :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now apart from running an external efi fuel pump or sourcing a L500 EF-EL fuel tank are there any other items I’ll need for the EJ-DE head conversion?

Had to make an additional repair to the selector cable. So the original rod over the cable that stops the cable bending fell out of place again, but the cable ties kept it high enough to change gears still. So I believe the rod was press fitted into its holder as there is a raised lip on the rod, so I’ve just pushed it into place and crushed the holder slightly to keep it in place. Hopefully that’s the end of it.

2 Likes

Wheres the cable tie and dental floss?

5 Likes

Just received my little gravity fed soda blaster to clean the Weber up nicely with…

2 Likes

Not a bad effort with the Coles BiCarb. One bag isn’t enough, probably need another four I think.

Before…

After…

3 Likes

Try a 2lt bottle of coke, it’s looking awesome.

1 Like

All the bits were immersed in thinners for two months previously but didn’t make much of a dent.

Let’s see if I can put it back together correctly :rofl:

5 Likes

All done, just have to build one of these before I can mount it all up…

Will update once it’s on and running.
I’ll run this setup until I get everything together for the efi conversion.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks to Mr Gormsby the EJDE head, manifold, engine loom and ecu arrived on Friday.
This marks the start of gathering all the bits required to convert my EFGL to efi.

2 Likes

Okay, today I got bored so I ripped of the factory carby and mechanical fuel pump to trace gaskets to make my adapter for the Weber. Currently looking for a laser company mob. Been to one, they’ve said it’ll cost less than $100 but their minimum spend is $100.

1 Like