WA L500RS

I’d like to get my hands on some ventilated disks at some stage too.

So at this stage I’ve still got to do engine bay plumbing, source an EJDE L7 accelerator cable, run the new body loom from headlights back to the headlights, work out the steering column wiring, paint the door frames black, wrap it in olive green then install the interior.

1 Like

Day 7/7

Last day before work so just had a relaxing one. Fitted the L200 EFEL fuel pump. Used some random Nissan pump on it but I shortened the fuel return and fuel supply lines.

3 Likes

I forgot about the top of the radiator overflow tank crumbling, something else to add to the replace list.

4 Likes

Thoughts on the EJDE injectors running the 660cc EFGL, too big and will be too rich? Or will be fine?
Will EFEL injectors fit the EJDE fuel rail and injector ports in the head?

1 Like

I’d begin with the EJDE injectors. If you need larger Subaru top feed are interchangeable.

2 Likes

yeh start with the ejde atleast you know it wont be lean. You can always test ef and other ones later if it is too rich.

1 Like

All good, just a bit of panic thinking.
Picked up the fuel reg today, bit too bling so might scuff it up and repaint black.

2 Likes

Looks exactly what I put on mine. Cheap but worked a treat.

1 Like

$33, have to be happy with that.
What PSI did you set yours to?

around 40-45 is good starting point

2 Likes

Thanks mate :+1:

Set with vacuum blocked off and then reconnect. I run wide band O2 and with the factory ecu increase or decrease to get the optimal fuel ratio at max torque (or is that power - can’t remember?).

2 Likes

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, I need to ask some questions about electronics/wiring.

Today I started installing the L700 loom in, but I still think it’s M100 Sirion, based on the two plug tail light plugs with no reverse plug on them. I also Googled the engine bay fuse box part number and it came back as M101 Sirion.

But, I need some help identifying some plugs, etc. as i can be useless at reading wiring diagrams at times.

For starters I’m using a L200 EFEL fuel pump cradle so the wiring is three pin incorporating the fuel sender. Does this four pin on the Sirion loom look like the plug to splice into? It’s the closest to where the pump/sender wiring comes out of the floor.

Also, what’s this thing behind the drivers seat area? Something inside jiggles when shaken.

1 Like

Did the dodgy and cable tied the cabin fuse box to the L5 mounting points. The frame on the Sirion fuse box didn’t line up to any holes at all and sat at such a wierd angle that the accelerator couldn’t be pressed without it fouling. So I’ve removed the metal mounting frame and cable tied it for now.

Couple of shots of the fender wiring complete. Sirion fender grommets are too big in diameter so had to cut them off and fit the old L5 grommets.

3 Likes

Managed to get rid of the right side cable tie on the cabin fuse box and replace it with a bolt. No way to put a bolt on the left side. It’s pretty solid so I’ll leave it that way for good.

Routed all the wiring to where I think it should be.
Plugged the front door sensors in, they’re plug and play.
The ignition barrel accepts the newer ignition plug but the new loom plugs, all four of them don’t match the plugs on my L5 steering column so I’ll have to study both wiring diagrams to match them up.
Looks like the ECU might mount on the kick panel, was hoping it would reach the spot where my old ECU sits which is inside the dash above the glove box.
Routed all the engine loom, everything is plug and play. Unfortunately because I broke the cam sensor I had to buy a second hand one and the plug is different to the plug on the engine loom. I have the correct plug to fit but the pins in the current plug don’t fit it so I’ll be off to Jaycar after work tomorrow to see if they have any to suit.
With the engine fuse box I don’t have the bracket to mount it and I can’t modify the old fuse box bracket to suit. So if you’re reading this let me know if you’ve got one to sell me.
I haven’t done the rear halve of the body loom but I know I’ll be cutting it to splice it into the the L5 rear part of the loom.

Oh, realised now that I can’t use the EFGL coil packs as they use two pin plugs and the EJDE plugs are three pin. I’ve got three EJDE coil packs here but two have cracks down them so are no good for use. Again, if anyone has two good ones, or even three, left me know please.

Anyone had this happen before, one of the front nuts for the seat rail mount literally sheared off along with some surround metal.

Mounted that thing I asked about before under the seat…

4 Likes

try ebay or ali express for the coils for new ones from memory they have them. never had the bolt on seat do that at all. may have to do a bit of welding?

They’re around $60 to $150 each new on eBay, haven’t had a look on aliexpress. I’m waiting on Zane from the fb group to get back to me on the condition of his from the ejde he’s wrecking.

Yeah the area around the seat rail nut was rusty. Might need a plate welded in there to reinforce it aswell.

1 Like

Zane came through with some L700 coils. I’ll have to see a friend and see if his partner can make up some spacers for the coils. When fully inserted the EJ coils have around a 10mm gap between the coil tube and the seal on the coil.

3 Likes

Wiring sucks :sob:

5 Likes