WA L500RS

yes it does

2 Likes

Change of plans, I’ve pulled the EJDE body loom out and have reverted to the basic original L5 body loom and plugged all accessories back in.
Just have to splice the L5 body loom ecu plug into the ejde body loom plug.

So I was looking at my options to make a fuel pump relay and I noticed the factory engine bay fuse box has a fuel pump relay in it. I’m assuming it’s there for the efel model, i just don’t believe it has any wiring coming from it though as the plug closest to it only has a single black wire in it.

3 Likes

im not sure about the efgl but i know some of the ed10’s (not in handi) had an in tank low pressure fuel pump. did yours have this?

I remember my L80 Handivan with the ed10 had an intank electric pump.
I wish mine did as it would of saved the trouble of sourcing a L2 efel cradle, but no, this efgl had the mechanical fuel pump on the head which is now blanked off.
I’m thinking this is for the efel engine when used, but sounds like a waste of money for the company. There’s also what I assume to be the fuel pump wiring laying next to the fuel sender wire just before it goes through the floor, but I can’t really see it on wiring diagrams nor does the wiring diagram show the fuel pump relay.

1 Like

oh i had it back the front then lol for some reason I thought it was just the handi’s that had mechanical. Sorry I have even owned an efgl and didnt remember they are mechanical. That very well maybe a fuel pump plug as i cant remember colours but it sure is a power and negative. Have you checked to see if there is any power there when first switched to on?

I haven’t connected the battery yet to see if it gets power there. Might bring the multimeter home from work tonight and do a quick test.
Just been printing out wiring diagrams to match the efgl body loom plug to the ejde body loom plug atm.

2 Likes

Brang the printouts to work to have a friend that’s ace at electronics make sure I’ve found the correct wires on the efgl body loom to splice into the ejde body loom plug.

This pic here, it’s the ejde ecu with the engine loom plugged in. The green plug that sits next to the ecu is I’m assuming the main power wires for the ecu. Would I be correct there?

Must be getting old as I’m getting sore backs working on the Dai. Probably from my earlier days working at Thrifty carrying things like bullbars by myself.

Electrics wise, I said bugger it and made a efi relay and fuel pump relay by copying the factory wiring. No fluids in the engine yet but I turned the key to acc. Either the fuel pump never turned on or it’s dead quiet. It’s next weekends job now after I fill it with oils and coolant. Hopefully it’s just a quiet pump otherwise I’ve got no clue and may just go backwards to using my Weber carby.

1 Like

Atm the forum isn’t letting me upload pics, I’ll upload the diagram I drew and used plus a pic of my relays.

1 Like

@FrAsErTaG maybe able to help with the pic uploads if there is an issue on this end. Keep at it dont go back to carb.

I only use my mobile here if that helps. Normally when you select the pic you want to upload it’ll come back to the reply window with the html code and say it’s uploading. But all it does after selecting a pic is return to a blank reply window.

Testing upload.

1 Like

@whiteknight I am able to upload from my mobile (android 10) without problem, what browser are you using?

I have just completed a check over things and do not see any issues with the forum at the moment that would prevent upload, how big is the picture? We do limit photos to a generous 10mb but it should warn :warning: if you breach this.

1 Like

@FrAsErTaG Hi mate, I’m using Android 10 aswell and I use the L2D forum through the app/link. My browser is the one that came with Android, but both methods haven’t let me upload pics since the weekend, even though I’ve been uploading pics the same way since I started this thread.
I can give the old laptop a go tonight to see if it uploads off that to rule out my phone.
I’ve tried random pics aswell but no dice, the two I’m wanting to upload are 1.7mb and 160mb.

The 1.7mb File should work fine, the 160mb file is blocked for obvious reasons :+1::joy:

Sorry, kb mate haha

Okay, this seems to work. When I click the upload button next to the monitor I’ve always selected and used the orange ‘my files’ icon, which obviously doesn’t work now. I’m doing it through the blue ‘files’ icon now. So definitely my phone.

Anyway, here’s the drawing I’ve used to build the ECU and fuel pump relays, copied from the EJDE pinout diagram and modified to my situation using the info from the L200 EJDE diagram.
They don’t click which indicates they don’t turn on, engine will spin with the starter motor though.
Showed it to some electrical gurus at work, they say I’ve got 87 and 30 on both relays backwards. Will swap them around after work and see if it starts. Told you I’m not good with electrics lol.

1 Like

Swapped 87 and 30 around on both relays and they’re still not activating so I’ll have to relook at the wiring arrangement. Maybe something similar, the ‘wiring ej-de into l200 with ef-el engine’ doesn’t reference an efi main relay so maybe that’s not even required, just a fuel pump relay.

Your diagram looks good, just a tip though, with the DIN numbering system 30 is always plus and 87 is switching/ground. Also pay attention to the type of relay you are using, some have resistors and/or diodes built in between 85 and 86, and can cause some issues.

Hi Mick, I’ve since switched 30 and 87 around on both relays but unfortunately they still don’t turn on, ie they don’t give an audible click and I dont hear the fuel pump prime.
So I’ve not hooked something up right.

Actually I’ve had a thought about removing the efi main relay as the original source material for installing an EJ into a L200 doesn’t mention one, just a fuel pump relay.

Started a drawing