Wooki3 the L60 Handivan

Just something to be aware of. Std cams will likely be no issue.

Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

And now I’ve ordered head studs from ARP, genuine ones too and made in the USA. They are actually to suit Honda d16z but they fit CB, which means they fit AB and AD.

5 Likes

Well this turned up earlier than expected.

8 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

I rolled Wooki3 into natural light for the first time in 3 years. After pumping up the rear tyres and getting them back on the car. I have found a new enthusiasm for getting the car going again.
I think despite wanting to coat the car in copper coloured ceramic, I really want to go with more Rustoleum Gloss Berry Pink .

9 Likes

YAYYYYY this is great news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well after some absence I made a new part for the new electric cooling pump. I didn’t say water pump because I won’t be running a water based coolant.

I’m looking forward to buying an aluminium radiator for a classic Mini and modifying the tanks to suit the size restrictions of the L60 chassis with the pump mounted to the bottom tank

4 Likes

Check out Honda radiators also. Some are fairly small and tend to be lower priced due to the abundance of modded Hondas.

2 Likes

They sit a bit proud over the radiator support bar but I’ll get my measuring stick out again and have a look

2 Likes

Progress on the inlet manifold.

4 Likes

I would love to say the the first inlet manifold is progressing well…

I moved onto another design which utilise the original inlet with a bolt in adaptor. I still need to move the thermostat housing.

6 Likes

so the adapter won out in the end?
Great work! :slight_smile:

I realised that once the other manifold was assembled that I couldn’t weld everywhere needed to seal it all.

2 Likes

Another piece of the puzzle. This is the new outlet from the manifold to the radiator top tank. I also have decided to delete the thermostat and control coolant temperature with the electric pump

6 Likes

those Davies Craigs are pretty cheap these days in comparison to years ago. Nice work mate

1 Like

I’ll Leave this here.

8 Likes

That is sweet! Well done man!
By the way I think you left something here. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[quote=“DaleJeffree, post:216, topic:197”]…I also have decided to delete the thermostat and control coolant temperature with the electric pump….[/quote]I wouldn’t devote total control to any electrical device. An inline thermostat would also solve your problem reliably:

https://inlinethermostats.com/

I am capable of making that, if it becomes an issue.

2 Likes

Made a template in bakelite.

I followed that shape down for 19mm.

I flipped the piece over and started hogging out. I should invest in a roughing end mill to speed things up.

6 Likes