Wooki3 the L60 Handivan


Today I pulled apart the L700 shafts, never pulled a cv shaft before. Tomorrow I will give the L60 shafts a go.


L60 shafts are apart. One was a bugger to get off, the other required smashing the ball bearing retainer to get the shaft out.


Got the engine in the sub frame on my work table with gear box attached, to make polyeurethane engine mounts. Also realised the simplicity of mounting the blower with the standard intake manifold. There will be more on this later.


She ain’t pretty but with some additional steel welded in, she will be done.


Got busy and built an agricultural intake manifold for the amr300. Should be fun when it’s done.
I know the belt doesn’t have much wrap on the pulley but will probably go twin v belt or multi rib v belt later.


Or a trip to the wreckers and find some camshaft pulleys, run a toothed belt like a gilmer drive. Would be cool


With the manifold coming to the closer end of being finished. I need a spring plated back fire plate, and to get the holes drilled through for the flange.


A 5 speed gearbox box is free from being caged in this 1984 blue wreck.

Looking forward to installing this and the 550cc in the Wooki3


The gear shifter and gear box are in Wooki3, along with my modified sub frame and engine mount.


A pair of 10" and 12" steel wheels have been prettied up for the Wooki3. As I have changed to the 5 speed box I also updated the stud patter to 12mm from the 10mm studs on the pre 84 hubs. Until I can have my 10" mags modified to suit the larger stud.
Not much more to get it running for All Japan Day 2019, just fit an engine, finish the extractors, make a new exhaust (recycling some Tornado mufflers), buy some registration and a battery.
Once registration lapses again it will be time to start a 620cc engine tear down for the low comp set up.


I did a thingy.


I like it! when is All Japan Day?


In Adelaide it is 24th of February, not sure if I can finish it all and have it entered. Rego and a battery is over $300 by itself


With the engine and gearbox seated back in place, it feels like it is coming along. The new engine mount should be interesting.


Hurrah!! It runs!


When you put your car back together completely without finishing the paint job by accident.
I’m just lazy with not buying a caramel wheel for one removing the vinyls. Should paint the boot lid pink next.

Radio is working and has replaced the factory air vent, this can be reversed as I didn’t cut anything off the dash.

The glove box also received a small enhancement, it now has two supports which makes me feel better before using the rings and cup holders .


Fitted up the extractors tonight, which need a flex bellow, a merge cone and a flange to finish them off


Finally got on to sanding the roof in prep for more pink paint.


Then like that the roof is sanded.
Next step will be remove the bumpers, blinkers, and tail lights again. Buy a caramel wheel and remove decals. Fit a new spool in the mig welder and repair rust patches, before rubbing it all down for more pink.
It doesn’t have to look great up close. I am going with the “20 footer” theory, as long as it looks good from 20 foot away it will be fine.


A wash, before grease and wax remover gives it a pre paint once over for the roof.

There is a good chance this will be on the road before the painting is finished, as insurance and fuel is considerably cheaper than the GTVi