Wooki3 the L60 Handivan

I bet you felt like grabbing a box of matches lol :frowning:

1 Like

No burning, well not external of the combustion chamber.
The booster has been disconnected, and later on will be deleted.
I believe that I have fixed the carburetor but am still working on replacing it with something better.

1 Like

good to hear :slight_smile:

Nope, I was wrong. Something is still wrong.
I’m working on the IDF Weber adapter. It’s not long term but hopefully it cures the issue.

Sneaky tachometer test fitting. The trio is complete.

3 Likes

Huzzah! I have back lighting and have connected the tachometer.

2 Likes

I finally finished the adapter to find the standard carby was at fault. At the moment I am also thinking that not having a FPR fitted after the facet pump may also be the issue as the Weber also experiences flooding but only while the pump is on.

3 Likes

Adjustable FPR should be between it and carb.

2 Likes

Cheers Mr Gormsby, I have recently discovered this myself and said item will be purchased shortly

1 Like

I used to fit mine in the engine bay as close as possible to the webers

2 Likes

I broke my Wooki3…

A misdiagnosis on my part. Pretty sure the valve is bent or cracked from an over revving. Symptoms line up perfectly. Looks like i will be building an engine.

1 Like

bugger well I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Finally got onto inspecting the Handi. Managed to recess 4 valves about 0.020", they are technically all open.

Adjusted the valves to have a valve clearance. Decided I’m “gonna send it” and bolt on the blower. Made necessary mods to the distributor, mechanical advance has been removed and a tig weld is holding it in place. The dizzy will still have vacuum advance and being a cb60 canister it also has boost retard.

At some stage I will take it upon myself to mod the cb60 canister and remove vacuum advance too.

4 Likes

The manifold is getting the final machining done like milled bolt holes and facing the flange faces off. Pulley will be getting machined next, so it fits the AMR shaft and have a key way broached into the pulley to match.

3 Likes

very good to hear Mr Dale :slight_smile: I look forward to seeing how it comes out.

4 Likes

50 percent down payment is put on the new Weber DCOE. Sick of crappy second hand parts.

5 Likes

Weber acquired

With the DCOE on this angle only a little bonnet reinforcement needs to be removed or modified.

4 Likes

Flange made, not trimming of all the excess yet in case I need to attach brackets.

All made on the drill press.

5 Likes

Made a little more progress. Supercharger inlet flange is done, not as centred as I would like but Ehh

3 Likes

Had a customer drop some headers off to be coated today. He is from Extreme Clutches, we spoke last week on the phone. Today after dropping off headers he took my spare flywheel and clutch assembly. Hopefully I will have a double diaphragm clutch with a solid ceramic clutch disc coming soon.

3 Likes