Wooki3 the L60 Handivan

So it’s been a while. I have been pondering doing something for couple of days.
Now one step closer.
Also need a van distributor cap or shorter stacks on the Weber DCOE. A cap for the pipe, a barbed fitting for the brakes. And a box for the carby

7 Likes

nice mount location for the S/C

1 Like

Slowly progressing, spacing the bonnet up 30 mm means the bonnet now clears the Weber. I also had Tom Wood generously 3d print me a pair of ram tubes in PA-6.
Just need to weld a cap on the manifold and a barbed fitting for the brake booster.
Getting ready to build an engine, parts are estimated $300 without machining. Hard to find an engine shop in Adelaide without a bad wrap.

7 Likes

go to a engineering shop of a place with a heap of machinist on lathes and mills, those guys can do what you need

This is an amazing project, congratulations! You gave me some ideas to do in my l40 later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers, things have escalated a bit lately. The smaller amr300 supercharger has been upgraded to an Eaton TVS-R410 and the quest to make a manifold has started again.

5 Likes

as I said on another post you made online the g202 and the L251 both use the same clutch and flywheel and I have had both bolted to and ed10 which means you may be able to have the option of an L251 gearbox also. May I ask what the significance of the g10 hubs?

1 Like

They bolt onto my original struts.

2 Likes

Just redrill if needed. And if to wide shim out. G202 would be heavier than L251 I would think.

Original struts are a pinch collar to match the strut to the hub.

1 Like

The L80 gearbox I have almost matches apart from one bolt hole. I might “move” the bolt hole with a welder and some aluminum stock.

2 Likes

6 Likes

After some calculations and thought. I will be putting a cb gearbox with the cb engine. I’m not sure if I want a 4 speed to make it sit more to the left hand side or a 5 speed for more speed. I have worked out that with my cam and boost for engine should peak at 7000 rpm and with 155/65r13 it will have a maximum speed of 170 km/hr with the 4 speed.

5 Likes

The sound of twin cylinder draws me back.

The parts required to relocate the dizzy and make way for the supercharger and Weber on the twin cylinder

3 Likes

oh sounds fun are you attempting something like what I was going to on the cb?

The cockpit is becoming more business and less BS.

Off to raid another Handivan from U Pull It on Saturday for some nicer bumpers, lower control arms and another factory carby.

7 Likes

Another rocker cover.

6 Likes

Like a fool I forgot to pack my spanners so I didn’t get lower control arms but I got the rest. I even picked up a head with no cracks for someone else, I was tempted to keep it for myself but I would rather get a head fully built.

3 Likes

Being the distracted man I am, here are a few more parts coated. Two more rocker covers in air curing thermal barrier coatings.

And a good sump for the 620cc engine that once I replace the sump gasket, it won’t leak.
This sump has been coated in thermal dispersant black, added benefit is the oil shedding hence the reason to coat internally.
The coating is supposed to shed 20% more heat in static air conditions.

5 Likes

What I see vs what my battery sees.

7 Likes